Tuesday 12 February 2013

SCARLETT MISSES OUT ON LES MIS


'I sang my little heart out!' Scarlett Johansson reveals her failed audition to get Anne Hathaway's Les Miserables role

FROM THE DAILY MAIL 

When it comes to auditions, Hollywood normally likes to keep things behind-the-scene.
After all, its not good for a star's image to know they missed out on a leading role.
But Scarlett Johansson is refreshingly honest about her failed attempts to land a part in the hit musical Les Miserables.
'I sang my little heart out,' she told Broadway.com.

Scarlett Johansson
Anne Hathaway
Alternative Fantine? Scarlett Johansson, seen at her Cat On A Hot Tin Roof premiere left, revealed she auditioned for Anne Hathaway's Les Miserables role which has won her a host of awards including the Bafta


And she insisted she had no hint of any nerves about her audition.
'No, are you kidding? The jazz hands kid inside me was just over the moon!'
But sadly for Scarlett her audition did not go well.
'I auditioned with laryngitis,' she explained. 'I did everything I could to, like, not have laryngitis.'
The 28-year-old had been heavily rumoured to have wanted the part of Eponine alongside big names such as Taylor Swift.  However she explained that actually she was after the role as Fantine, which went to Anne Hathaway.


Winning role: Anne as Fantine with Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean
Winning role: Anne as Fantine with Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean

But with Hathaway tipped for a best supporting actress Oscar, Scarlett feels the role went to the right person.
'I think, looking at the film now, there's no possible way I ever could have topped that performance,' she admitted.
'It was perfect and I think fateful and meant to be,' she said.  
But despite her lack of success Scarlett enjoyed the experience - which reminded her of auditioning for a role as the young Cosette when she was a child.
'The audition itself brought back so many memories of auditioning and it was fun for me to revisit that,' she explained.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's
    a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?

    Excellent work!
    Look into my homepage : view homepage

    ReplyDelete